Tuesday, March 6, 2012

6 years!

Warning: This post is going to be sappy. I am pregnant and hormonal too, so prepare yourself.


My son Parker is 6 years old today. This isn't a milestone but I'm feeling extra emotional about six. I guess he seems more like a big boy this year than he ever has before. I remember his 5th birthday party and he still had a lot of "baby" qualities in my eyes. Not anymore.

Parker and I have a special bond that I don't share with my daughter Halle nor will I share with this little one in my belly. Not that I love him more than the other two, let me explain. I was a young 20 year old girl when he was born. I had no idea what life was all about. I was in my first year at my first "adult" job. My entire paycheck went to eating out and shopping. I was naive, irresponsible, very much blind to the world around me. I remember crying my eyes out my first week at home with him, I was so overwhelmed. The responsibility! Who knew having a child was such hard work? But, the biggest emotion, the biggest shock, was love. How was it possible for me to love someone so much, so entirely? My world had been turned upside down and would never be the same.

Parker has helped me learn and grow into the woman I am today. He taught me about true love, selflessness, humility, patience, empathy. We've grown together and I am so thankful for him.

He is so sweet, outgoing, loving, smart and talented. He is my "baby" who stills blows me kisses in the carpool line at school and tells me every day how much he loves me. I am so blessed to be his mommy.

Happy Birthday Parker!






No comments:

Post a Comment