Thursday, March 15, 2012

DVF for Gap Kids!



That's right. The much anticipated DVF for Gap Kids launch was this morning!

I don't know if I am out of touch or what but, I hadn't seen too much talk of this out on the "blogosphere". I read about it briefly somewhere a couple weeks ago but had no idea when it would launch. Then, I was shopping at Baby Gap on Monday, and got to talking with the store manager who commented on the DVF wrap dress I was wearing. She asked if I knew that it was launching on Thursday. No. Clue. Any way, I gave her my email address so she could send me the invitation for the breakfast and pre-launch shopping. 

I got there fashionably late at 9:15. I walk in and....







EEEEKKKKK!!!! I've got to be honest and say that I woke up this morning, jumped on the Gap website right as my alarm went off and looked at a few things in the line. I told Curtis (my super sweet husband who works really really hard so I can shop at events like this and spend time with our kids, Hi honey!!) that it was all cute but wouldn't buy it had I not known it was DVF. I'm just not into bold, graphic prints (which is what DVF is) on babies. (In my defense, I didn't look at the older girls clothes.) Blasphemy, right? Well, I walked in and my mind was changed immediately. Everything was way cuter in person. I mean WAY. How could I have doubted it? Ugh, I'm sorry! 

 These 2 dresses for older girls are to die for :





There was a daddy there with his 12 year old daughter. He bought her one of everything. Yeh, you read that correctly. HELLO! I just so happened (ha!) to hear the grand total. Let's just say he was a very generous daddy! 

Anyway, I was forewarned: "Please, don't spend too much money." I could have done a lot of damage in that store this morning. But, I exercised great restraint. I love to shop, but I love a good deal too. I don't care if it's Chanel for Gap Kids....I'm not spending $70 on a tiny romper my child is going to spill baby food on and wear 4 times. So, I left with 2 onesie's that were $25 a piece. Not bad!









No comments:

Post a Comment